Current Size: 100%
The Museum provides a Restaurant on the second floor, with panoramic views of the Acropolis and a 700 square meter public terrace commanding a breathtaking view of the historic hills of Athens. The restaurant proposes a variety of hot dishes based on traditional recipes, seasonally updated.
Recommended from the daily menu are:
- Salad with bulgur, winter roots (broccoli, yellow squash, cauliflower, carrots, celery root) and mastic Chios sauce
- Salad with kavourma (cold veal) from Xanthi, beans from Domokos and aromatic herbs
- Trachanas made by whole meal Zea flour, with beetroot cubes, katiki cheese from Domokos and sausage made by black pork from Pieria
- Chickpeas fricassee from Macedonia with greens, aromatic herbs and smoked trout (fillet) from Louros
- Pasta with beef minced meat and kefalotiri cheese from Arkadia
- Zigouri (young aged lamb) from Vonitsa with hylopita (chopped pasta) and dried myzithra cheese from Crete
- Veal with sauce made by porcini mushrooms from Epirus and mashed potatoes
The menu complements a selected daily dish inspired by local recipes, covering all geographic regions of Greece.
A children’s menu is also available for family and school visits at special prices, including Homemade Sandwiches with turkey, smoked cheese from Vermio, tsalafouti (cream cheese from Karpenisi), tomato, lettuce or Bun (with sesame) with Cretan gruyere.
Hot dishes are served after 12 noon. For reservations, please contact the restaurant during Museum opening hours on +30 210 9000915. On Sunday, reservations are not possible.
The Restaurant operates during Museum opening hours*:
Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday to Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. (every Friday the restaurant remains open until 12 midnight)
Saturday and Sunday: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
* Holy Week 2016 opening hours:
- On Friday 29 April 2016 the Museum will open from 12 noon to 6 p.m.
- On Saturday 30 April 2016 the Museum will open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- On Easter Day, Sunday 1 May 2016 the Museum will be closed.
- On Easter Monday 2 May 2016 the Museum will be open as usual from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- On Tuesday 3 May 2016 the Museum will be closed due to the transfer of the Holiday of 1 May.
For visitor access to the second floor Restaurant, a free admission ticket is required from the Ticket Desk.
The restaurant company holds the HACCP certificate from TUV HELLAS.
Every Friday, the Museum restaurant on the second floor is open until 12 midnight offering special gourmet choices and beautiful night views of the Acropolis.
Recommended dishes are:
- Carpaccio of veal fillet with chicory and truffle oil
- Tartare of fresh tuna from Halkidiki, veal fillet, aromatic herbs, truffle flavors and radishes
- Homemade salmon sausage with aromatic herbs and sweet pumpkin mousse with ginger
- Homemade ravioli stuffed with shrimps, spinach and crawfish sauce
- Fresh shi drum fish (fillet) with chards, spinach, spiny chicory and carrots in vegetable broth
- Wild boar with Mavrodafne sauce from Patra and homemade mashed potatoes
For Friday night reservations, please contact the restaurant during Museum opening hours on +30 210 9000915. Visitors not wishing to dine at the Restaurant are welcomed for a cold dish or dessert in a special restaurant area without reservation.
For a quick, light meal, visitors can choose among a variety of salads and other snacks such as cookies from Thessaloniki with Cretan gruyere, the Traditional pie or the Soup of the day.
The Café is also ideal for a quick meal for school students visiting the Acropolis Museum.
The Café is located on the ground floor level and overlooks the archaeological excavation. Visitors can enjoy a hot or cold drink together with dessert such as chocolate pie with vanilla ice cream, lemon pie, etc.
The Café operates during Museum opening hours. For visitor access to the ground floor Café, the purchase of a ticket is not required.
The Acropolis Museum restaurant on the second floor serves Traditional Greek Breakfast, every day until 12 noon.