Current Size: 100%
The Acropolis Museum supports independent learning by making available backpacks filled with activities and ‘family trails’ for families with young children, free of charge. Families can choose between a quick and simple visit using one of the booklets, or a longer and more intricate one using one of the backpacks, which are also equipped with games. Family backpacks and Family trails are written and designed by the Acropolis Restoration Service Education Team for the Acropolis Museum.
Family backpacks for children and parents contain various games and activities that are exhibition-based and are supported by colorful children’s exhibit labels in the Museum galleries. The pack activities require families to work together to solve its challenges.
Family trails for children and parents are individual theme based activities that focus on a ‘trail’ of exhibits throughout the Museum. The trails require less time and effort than the larger backpack, but still offer guidance for a structured activity in the galleries that makes Museum visits fun.
During the winter months, festive periods and summertime is an opportunity for children aged 4 to 6 and 7 to 12 to engage with the Museum by taking part in workshops with alternating themes led by Museum Archaeologist-Hosts and the Acropolis Restoration Service Education Team. This provides stimuli and creative activities that bring life to the Museum and make it an attractive destination for families with young children. In some programs parental escort is required.
There are no current - forthcoming family programs.
- Tracing the lion (18/5/2016)
- Temples and other buildings made with LEGO® and inspired by the Acropolis (17-18/12/2016)
- The trees of the gods (28/12/2016)
- The ship of the Panathenaic festival inside the Museum (29/12/2016)
- Suspended creations in the lit-up Museum (30/12/2016)
- Ancient customs and ornaments for good year (20 & 21/12/2014)
- Gifts for gods and people (20, 21, 27 & 28/12/2014)
- Decorate the wooden goddess (20, 21, 27 & 28/12/2014)
- Summer getaways for children aged 7 to 12 (1/7/2014-10/7/2014)
- Sunday group activities for children and parents (9/3/2014-27/7/2014)
- Gifts for gods and people (21, 22, 28 & 29/12/2013)
- The Iresioni (22 & 29/12/2013)
- We make ancient pastries at the Museum (22 & 29/12/2013)
- Myths in images (28/10/2013)
- The little roosters arrived… at the Museum! (18/5/2013)
- Iresioni and Carols (23 & 30/12/2012)
- Pomegranate Pomegranate are you here? (22, 23, 29 & 30/12/2012)
- “Environment and Culture 2012” – Sparkling stories about fire (11/10/2012-14/11/2012)