Current Size: 100%
Q: What are the Museum’s opening times?
Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Last admission: 3:30 p.m.)
Tuesday to Sunday: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (Last admission: 7:30 p.m.)
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. (Last admission: 9:30 p.m.)
1 November – 31 March:
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Last admission: 4:30 p.m.)
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. (Last admission: 9:30 p.m.)
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (Last admission: 7:30 p.m.)
- Closed: 1 January, Easter Sunday, 1 May, 25 and 26 December
- On Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve (24 and 31 December), the Acropolis Museum opens from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- On August Full Moon and European Night of Museums, the Acropolis Museum operates until 12 midnight.
- Τhe Shops operate during Museum opening hours with closing 15 minutes before Museum closing time.
- The Café and Restaurant operate during Museum opening hours. Every Friday the Restaurant on the second floor operates until 12 midnight.
Q: How much is admission to the Museum?
For information on eligibility for reduced admission ticket or free admission, please click here.
Q: Where can I buy tickets to the Museum?
Q: Can I use a credit card to pay admission?
Q: Can I re-enter the Museum at another time with my ticket?
Q: What is the Museum address?
Q: How do I get to the Museum by bus, trolley, metro or car?
Lines 24, 40, 57, 103, 106, 108, 111, 126, 134, 135, 136, 137, 155, 206, 208, 227, 230, 237, 790, 856, Α2, Α3, Α4, Β2, Β3, Β4, Ε2, Ε22 (Stop: Makryianni)
Lines 1, 5, 15 (Stop: Makryianni)
Line 2 (Aghios Antonios-Aghios Dimitrios), Disembarking Station: Acropolis
The Museum discourages visitors from using their cars in the historic quarter of Athens. Visitors are therefore advised to use one of the several means of public transportation that serve the Museum (see above).
Q: Does the Museum offer a coat-check service?
Q: Is there a luggage control system in the Museum?
A: Upon arrival at the Museum, visitors go through an X-Ray baggage control system. To avoid delays, visitors are asked to avoid carrying large bags and luggage into the Museum.