Board of Directors of the Acropolis Museum
President of the Board of Directors
- Konstantinos Augoustos Rizos, J.D. - Lawyer
- Kostas Bakogiannis, Mayor of Athens
- Antonis H. Diamataris, Economist, M.B.A.
- Ioannis Ventourakis, Architect
- Kathy Paraschi, Architect
- Marianna Vardinoyanni, UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador, Founder/President of the “ELPIDA Friends’ Association of Children with cancer”, the “Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation” and the “Orama Elpidas Association”
- Manolis Korres, Member of the Academy of Athens, President of the Committee for the Restoration of the Acropolis Monuments
- Afroditi Liti, Sculptor - Professor at the Athens School of Fine Arts
- Elena Kountouri, Director at the General Directorate of Antiquities and Cultural Heritage of the Ministry of Culture and Sports
Independent Office of the President of the Board of Directors
From May 2009 to September 2022, the late Professor Dimitrios Pantermalis served as President of the Board of Directors.
General Directorate - Directorates, Departments, Independent Offices
General Director: Prof. Nikolaos Chr. Stampolidis
The General Directorate includes the following sub-directorates, departments and independent offices:
a) Directorate of Collections and Exhibitions, containing the following departments: Acropolis Slopes and Makryianni Plot Collection; Archaic Antiquities Collection; Classical, Hellenistic and Roman Antiquities Collection; Conservation of Antiquities and Casts; Exhibitions; Educational Programs; Publications; Library
b) Directorate of Administrative and Economic Affairs, containing the following departments: Financial Management and Procurement; Human Resources; Administrative Services; Secretariat of the Supervisor of the General Directorate
c) Directorate of Visitor Reception, containing the following departments: Visitors’ Reception and Customer Service; Shops; Security
d) Directorate of Technical Services, containing the following departments: Electromechanical and Hydraulic Installations; Building Installations; Information Technology (IT)
e) Directorate of Legal Support
f) Independent Office of Communications & Promotion
g) Independent Office of Memberships, Sponsorships and Donations
The duties of the President, the Board of Directors and the General Director have been defined by Law 3711/2008 (FEK A' 224) and the Presidential Decree 64/2013 (FEK A' 113).