Personal data policy
This Personal Data Policy sets out how the Acropolis Museum ("Museum") protects any information that you insert when you use the website https://www.theacropolismuseum.gr ("website").
The management and protection of your personal data is subject to the terms of the present section as well as to the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, law 4624/2019, law 3711/2008 (founding law of the Acropolis Museum), of the presidential decree 64/2013 (Organization of the Acropolis Museum) and the decisions of the Board of the Acropolis Museum.
In any case the "website" will retain the right to modify this policy periodically after keeping you informed and within the existing or any possible legal framework, with respect to your privacy. You are advised to frequently check the present policy.
The "Museum" is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Personal Data Policy. The "Museum" will retain the right to modify this page at any given time. You should check this page frequently to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes.
The personal data that you enter when you make the payment with your credit card is not registered and saved within the environment of the "website", but within the safe environment of Piraeus Bank.
Ways of data collection – Collected data – Public purposes of data processing
Some information is automatically collected by the Acropolis Museum when you visit its "website". The “Museum” uses this information only on the basis of the personal data protection policy and only to the extent that it is necessary to serve its public purposes. Additionally, it is possible to ask from you the following information:
Address - contact information including your email
The data processing serves the following public purposes of the “Museum”:
1. the communication between visitors and the “Museum”
2. drawing the “Museum’s” statistical conclusions
3. the improvement of the “Museum’s” cultural services to its Greek and international visitors
4. the implementation of cultural and educational programs
5. the provision of new products and services from the “Museum”
6. informing visitors about the “Museum’s” activities, programs and events
7. the shipping of products from the “Museum’s” Shops according to the visitors’ orders
8. the pricing of the “Museum’s” services or products with the issuance of the required documents and our response to the relevant obligations of tax legislation (bookkeeping, etc.)
9. contacting you for market research purposes
Any information collected or provided by you, is used only for the above purposes.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the "website", you should note that we do not have any control over that other website and its content. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites, nor are these websites governed by this privacy statement.
Upon your subscription as a recipient of the Acropolis Museum's newsletter and your consent to use your email address, for as long as it is valid and not revoked, you agree to receive updates via electronic messages from the Acropolis Museum.
The Acropolis Museum processes the personal data you provide during your subscription as a recipient of the newsletter, based on legitimate reasons for their processing which are:
- providing information to you about all kinds of actions, collaborations and the operation of the Acropolis Museum or museum-related issues of interest related to the purposes of the Acropolis Museum or the purposes of law 3711/2008 and the regulations of the Acropolis Museum,
- preservation and protection of the lawful interests of both the Acropolis Museum and yours (e.g., detection and prevention of malicious actions),
- compliance with an obligation imposed by law 3711/2008,
- consent you provide during your subscription as a recipient of the newsletter.
By declaring that you wish to receive the newsletter in your email, you accept that the Acropolis Museum (employees and associates) collects relevant personal data for this purpose and takes appropriate protection measures to protect these personal data that it processes and to ensure that their processing is carried out in accordance with the obligations set by legislation, and the same applies to third parties who process personal data on behalf of the Acropolis Museum for this purpose.
Data Processing Officer - Data Protection Officer (DPO)
The Acropolis Museum, based in Athens, Dion. Areopagitou 15, PC 11742, email: [email protected], tel. (+30) 210 9000900, website: https://www.theacropolismuseum.gr/ informs that, for purposes of exercising its lawful activities, it processes personal data of newsletter recipients in accordance with applicable national legislation and Union Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation, "GDPR") as applicable.
For any issue related to personal data processing, contact the officer at email: legalunit @theacropolismuseum.gr (Data Protection Officer / DPO: Theodoros D. Papageorgiou).