Following bibliographical research, the need became apparent to review the previous in-filling and restoration of vessel NA 1957 Αα 44, presented in the Acropolis Slopes Gallery, Case 6, no. 74. To this end, the vessel was disassembled and evidence was revealed that it belongs to a class of ritual containers known as "klepsydres". After the scheduled conservation work had been completed (including removal of the previous bonding agent, desalination and reassembly with new adhesive), a series of trials followed, which, in conjunction with the bibliographical study, led to a new proposal for its restoration. The vessel has a hollow handle, with a hole at the top and a perforated bottom. The missing part of the vessel’s painted decoration was restored only on one of its sides where the depicted scene allowed it.